Celebrated October 29th annually, Cat day is the most popular holiday for cats that encourages adoption and breaks the Internet with cuteness!
According to NationalDayCalendar.com, this day was founded to help the people recognize that a big number of cats need to be rescued. This day also encourages cat lovers to celebrate the cats in their lives for the unconditional love and companionship that they bestow upon them.
You can celebrate National Cat Day in so many ways:
– Adopt a cat from your local shelter or a cat in need.
– Foster a cat.
– Donate money, blankets, food, and toys to an organization who helps animals!
– Become involved in trap, neuter and return!
– Volunteer at a shelter!
– Buy your cat a cat tree or a toy.
– Spend the day with your cat.
– Give your cat a calming massage.
National Cat Day day is sponsored by the Animal Miracle Foundation and was created in 2005 by Pet Lifestyle Expert and Animal Welfare Advocate, Colleen Paige. This day has helped save the lives of one million cats.