On the Fourth of July more pets are getting lost than any other day of the year.
There are plenty of new sights, sounds and people all around. July 5 is the busiest day for animal shelters, who work hard to reunite cats and dogs with their owners.
Here’s a few things you can do to keep your cat safe:
– Keep your cat indoors.
– Make sure your cat is wearing a collar with up-to-date ID tags.
– Take a current photo of your cat, in case she is getting lost.
– Remind guests to close doors behind them so cats can’t get out.
– Keep party supplies like charcoal, fireworks and glow necklaces away from your cats.
– Leave your cat inside during fireworks.
– If your cat is afraid of loud noises, play music to cover the sounds, play games.
– If you have the possibility foster a stray cat during this holiday.